A Day in the Life

Since my husband and I run a small personal brand dedicated to Van Life and travel, I use multiple social media sites every day to promote our content, stay up to date trends, and create content. I visit, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and  YouTube every single day.

I spend most of my time on Facebook and Pinterest in order to promote my blog posts and generate traffic back to our website. Depending on the type of post I am promoting, this traffic could potentially convert to revenue.

Even though Facebook is seen as a social site, I use it as a tool. I network with other bloggers in my niche. Together we use Facebook to promote pins on Pinterest. Pinterest is seen as a DIY site where you go to get inspiration or find an awesome recipe. For a blogger, Pinterest can be one of the biggest traffic generators back to your site. I use Pinterest to promote my blog posts and indirectly help my SEO.

Instagram is seen as a platform to share the highlight reel of your life through pictures. I use Instagram as a way to create a genuine, engaged audience for our brand. We share everything from van conversion progress to giveaways and recent travels. We also use our Instagram to generate visitors to our YouTube channel.

YouTube may be one of the most popular platforms in the list. More people watch YouTube than ever before. You can find videos on pop culture and entertainment to DIY van conversion (that's us!). We post videos of our van conversion weekly to inspire others to travel for cheap!

My least favorite site to use is Facebook. I don't love the interface, and I have major issues with the privacy policy and the amount of paid advertisement that goes unchecked. If our brand did not require me to have a Facebook, I would not have one.

On the other hand, I do love using Instagram. I feel that IG is the best place to go to connect with our audience one on one. Building a community is so important for a brand, and my community started on Instagram.

Like everyone, I receive a ton of emails from companies, but most of those get deleted without being opened. The emails that I open are typically from other bloggers I subscribe to and Grammarly (I love reading my weekly stats). Other than that, I only open an email from a business if it correlates with a need of mine, like sales or coupons on products or services.

Digital media marketing today is more competitive than it has ever been. Everyone is using social media and the internet to market their business but in a traditional sense. The public is so burned out on traditional marketing and most companies recognize that. Digital media in the twenty-first century focuses on a personal connection with the customer. Relationship building is the key!

Comments

Popular Posts